Creating a new database in CPanel is one of the major steps while installing WordPress or any other content management system.
In this tutorial, we will see how to create a new MYSQL database using CPanel with rest of the important steps.
The topics we will discuss include:
- Creating the database.
- Creating a user for the database.
- Assigning full user privileges.
The easiest method to create a new database is by using cPanel Database Wizard.
1. Creating the Database
- Login to your web hosting account and click Manage Databases.
- Under Create New Database, enter a name and press Create Database button.
- The database has been created but a user must be assigned to it otherwise WordPress won’t install.
2. Creating User for the Database
Under MySQL Users, Add a new user by filling in Username and Password fields. See how to choose strong passwords easy to remember
Choose a strong user password at least 8-12 characters long.Woopoo's Caution
3. Assigning Full User Privileges
- The user has been created but it needs to be assigned to the database with full user privileges.
- Under Add User to Database, select User and Database from the drop-down menus and press Add.
- Select All Privileges checkbox at the top. This will enable all options below.
- Press Make Changes button.
You have properly setup your database in CPanel. You may now proceed with your WordPress installation.
- IMPORTANT settings after installing WordPress
- 10 important plugins for a new WordPress site
- How to login in WordPress backend
- Password Protect WordPress login [2 simple steps]
Many new bloggers get stuck on database step while installing WordPress. We hope the steps above will give you a good idea of creating a new database in CPanel and make a smooth installation on the go.